YVONNE L. BOMBARDIER VISUAL ARTS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
An initiative resulting from a joint commitment of the Philanthropic Activities Office and the Yvonne L. Bombardier Cultural Centre, the objective of the Yvonne L. Bombardier Graduate Scholarship Program in Visual Arts is to contribute to Québec’s next generation of artists.
Also in the section
The J. Armand Bombardier Foundation is proud to present the 2020 recipient of the Yvonne L. Bombardier Graduate Scholarship in Visual Arts: Caroline Cloutier
Student in photography at the Master of Fine Arts, Studio Arts at Concordia University, Caroline seduced the jury members with her remarkable mastery of her medium. Her work is extremely precise, evolves a lot and stands out. She does not hesitate to revisit her production, to transform it and take it further. Through optical games, her works are at the same time simple and complex, leading the spectator to question herself on the visual experience that is offered to her.
Upload the application form
The scholarship is awarded annually to a student enrolled in a Master’s art program in a Québec university, who practices one or more of the following disciplines:
The Selection Committee is composed of 5 people, professionals working in the arts and Foundation representatives.
The scholarship includes:
- A cash prize of $10,000
- An exhibition of the student’s works in a Montréal exhibition space during the year following the scolarship
- Production of a video business card presenting the scholarship winner’s artistic approach and works
Deadline to file an application: November 15, 2019
The application must include:
- The application form, duly completed
- A presentation letter describing the student’s artistic and creative approach as well as his/her future projects and the development of his/her approach (maximum 1,000 words)
- Two letters of recommandation signed by a professor, a teacher, or a lecturer
- A portfolio consisting of a DVD (maximum 5 minutes) or a CD (maximum 15 images) presenting original works produced by the student over the last two years. The digital images must be provided in JPEG and must not exceed 1 MB each.
- A curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages)
- An academic file containing all statement of grades for the current program of studies as well as an official attestation of attendance produced by the Registrar of the educational institution. If the student is in the first year of his/her program, statement of grades for the last year in the previous program of studies must be submitted.
NOTE: Applications must be sent in electronic version via the WeTransfer link below or mailed to :
J. Armand Bombardier Foundation
1250 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
Montreal, Québec H3B 4W6
- Candidates must be registered as full-time students in an graduate art program, in Québec
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Candidates must be Canadian citizens or have the status of permanent resident